Hollywood Bowl Announces Re-Opening Plans
Monday, June 15th, 2020
HOLLYWOOD BOWL ANNOUNCES RE-OPENING PLANS
• In line with current Government guidance, Hollywood Bowl centres in England are set to re-open from 4th July.
• New safety measures include use of alternate lanes to enable social distancing and enhanced cleaning after each bowling game.
• Customers can make future bookings from today.
16TH June 2020: The feel-good sound of bowling balls crashing through a set of pins to shouts of ‘Strike!’ will soon return to towns and cities across England, after Hollywood Bowl today announced it is planning to re-open its centres from 4th July.
In accordance with the current Government guidelines, 54 centres across the country will welcome back friends and family to enjoy the fun and excitement of ten pin bowling for the first time since Hollywood Bowl temporarily closed its centres across the UK due to lockdown restrictions in March.
Whilst centres in Scotland and Wales are likely to remain temporarily closed until later in July, Hollywood Bowl has been working hard to put stringent safety and cleaning measures and guidance in place at its centres to welcome back its customers and team members for its unique all-round family fun experience.
Stephen Burns, Chief Executive at Hollywood Bowl Group said: “The health and safety of our customers and team remains our priority. Whether it’s to bowl, enjoy the amusement areas, have a bite to eat or something to drink, we want to assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to create a safe and fun experience for families to return to. We look forward to welcoming them back through our doors very soon.”
The re-opening of centres in England will see the introduction of enhanced cleaning and social distancing measures, with customer guidance throughout the centres also in place. Each centre will reduce the number of lanes in play by only using alternate lanes to provide extra space between each game taking place. Amusement machines, as well as bar and diner seating, will be appropriately spaced out and signage will be visible throughout the venue to remind customers to maintain a safe distance from others.
There will be reduced customer capacity at centres to ensure that social distancing measures can be adhered to, and groups will be restricted a maximum of six people with bowlers asked to arrive slightly ahead of their booking time. Customers may also be required to queue when entering the centre and checking in for their games, ensuring they keep a safe distance from others.
Customers will also be given the option of wearing disposable gloves whilst aiming for a strike and playing on the amusement areas and will be asked to wear their own footwear whilst bowling.
Upon entering the centre, customers will be expected to use hand sanitiser, which will be readily available at dispensers. Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the day, including the cleaning of bowling balls, lane seating and touch screens in between games.
Hollywood Bowl will continue to accept cash and is encouraging customers to use contactless payment where possible. There will be safety shields at all tills to protect both team members and customers.
Food and drink can be pre-ordered from the in-centre diners and bars, with cutlery and sauces provided to guests with their meal.
In addition, all team members will undergo daily temperature checks and will be wearing PPE to ensure their own safety and that of customers.
Customers are now able to make bookings for centres in England via the Hollywood Bowl website, with bowling slots being available from 4th July. Should Government guidelines change and centres in England not be able to reopen as planned, full refunds on all bookings will be available.
Visit www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk to find your nearest bowling and family entertainment centre and book.
- Official Government Approved Guidelines for Covid-safe Tenpin Bowling
- The TBPA focus on #Bringbackbowling in Scotland and Wales
- Go Tenpin Launch Campaign to #BringBackBowling
- Tenpin Bowling Covid - secure
- The TBPA ask the DCMS Taskforce to Publish Sector Guidelines
- #@gotenpin #@hollywoodbowl.co.uk (1)
- #Bringbackbowling (1)
- £1.5m Superbowl and family entertainment centre to launch in Merthyr Tydfil and bring 30 jobs to the town (1)
- BALPPA Welcome TBPA as Associate Members (1)
- Blackburn and Eastbourne Join The Tenpin Ltd Estate (1)
- Bucks Herald (1)
- CMA Announce Further Delay of TOBC Acquisition of Bowlplex (1)
- Galloway Gazette (1)
- Grantham Journal (1)
- http://www.cityam.com/214326/original-bowling-company-strikes-take-over-bowlplex (1)
- http://www.essenden.com/investors/offer-for-essenden/ (1)
- https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2020/04/21/Restaurant-bosses-join-the-call-for-a-nine-month-National-Time-Out-hospitality-Coronavirus (1)
- Jak Phillips (1)
- John Ashbridge (3)
- Michael Yong, Gloucestershire Echo (1)
- Moving On.... (1)
- Namco Funscape (1)
- New Bowling Centre for Selby (1)
- Now Open at Intu Centre Watford (1)
- South Wales Argus (1)
- Strabane Chronical (1)
- Super Bowl UK announce new centre for Barnsley in 2020 (1)
- Super Bowl Uk Open in St Helens (1)
- Superbowl UK Announce Plans For New Centre in Barnsley (1)
- Talk Tenpin (1)
- TBPA, DCMS Taskforce, BALPPA, UK Hospitality (1)
- Ten Entertainment (1)
- Tenpin Bowling coming to Barnsley Town Centre in 2020 (1)
- The Journal (1)
- The Northern Echo (1)
- The Portsmouth Evening News (1)
- TOBC and Tenpin Propose Sale of 6 Sites To Satisfy CMA on Bowlplex Purchase. (1)
- Ventola’s LED Revolution Continues (1)
- Written by Ipswich Star (1)
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- April 2019
- February 2018
- January 2018
- March 2017
- December 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- April 2012
- October 2011
- March 2011